Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Journal Entry

     I was reading the newspaper today and I came across an article saying a guy was denied to be ranked as an Eagle in Boy Scouts. I just don't understand how someones sexuality can prevent them from being in a group, but then any of us can be picked to fight to death. We don't get discriminated on anything. People are choosing who can be in a group while we are forced to come here.
     The Boy Scouts should be ashamed at what they are sending out to the kids of the world. They are basically telling kids if you are a certain way then you can not be what you want to be. Everyone should be who they are and be able to do what they want. I wish I could be doing whatever I please, but I'm here fighting because this society is ridiculous.
     The fact that the world cares more about sexuality then right and wrong is the worse part about it. If we care more about things that really mattered, maybe I wouldn't be here fighting for my life.. None of us would be here, we would be with our families, where every child should be at. And this young man wouldn't be getting denied for something he wants to be just because he is gay. It's just not right!

http://www.cnn.com/2013/01/08/us/california-gay-eagle-scout/index.html?hpt=hp_c2
Martinez, Michael, and Amanda Watts. "Gay Scout's Request for Eagle Rank Rejected." CNN. Cable News Network, 08 Jan. 2013. Web. 08 Jan. 2013.

No comments: