Monday, January 7, 2013

Argumentative: Suicide

            I honestly do not think that it is fair that here, in District 12, we have to fight for our lives. Yet, in other places such as the U.S, people are killing themselves. They're taking their lives for granted. Here you have kids and adults who all cherish every second they live and some that may be starving but, they get through it. Yes, I understand, they were stressed, hurt, unspoken, misunderstood, but they have to understand a life is something that is given to you and it is not your job to take it away. The New York Times states that since the start of the recession, suicide rates increased. Yes, I know, you lost your job, times are hard, you barely have any money to provide for your family. But, try living out here. I deal with the same problems as you and probably three times harsher than what you deal with but you don't see me out here killing myself. See I have something to live for, my sister Prim. So if you could think of one possible thing to keep living such as, hope that the days will soon get better, you to will have a reason to live. Don't get me wrong, I feel your pain, but suicide is the wrong way to go to. In fact, I see it as the easy way out. Work for what you want, don't just kill yourself and give up just because things aren't being handed to you. You have to remember life isn't easy but, it's definitly worth the experience.
Carey, Benedict. "Increase Seen In Suicide Rate Since Recession." The New York Times. The New York Times, 05 Nov. 2012. Web. 07 Jan. 2013. http://www.nytimes.com/2012/11/05/health/us-suicide-rate-rose-during-recession-study-finds.html?_r=0
 

No comments: